SECNY FCU has established a Scholarship Fund from which five $1000 scholarships will be awarded.
The credit union recognizes student potential within our communities and commits contribution to student development through support of continuing education. One of the five Scholarship Awards will be designated for a student remaining in our local CNY area, planning on attending Community College, Trade School, Work Program or Certificate Program, etc.
Please reach out to Jillian Kerekes, Manager of Education Marketing, at [email protected] with any questions.
SECNY is accepting scholarship applications during the time period of December 1, 2023 - January 31, 2024. Please complete the online application below. If you require a paper copy, please contact any branch then submit by mail or in person to:
SECNY Federal Credit Union
North Syracuse Branch
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
3819 Brewerton Rd
North Syracuse, NY 13212
Completed applications must be postmarked by January 31, 2024
- Graduating student (or parent/guardian) is a member in good standing with SECNY FCU
- Graduating student is planning to pursue a degree or accredited training
- Children/grandchildren of credit union employees, members of the Board of Directors or appointed committees are not eligible to participate
- SECNY FCU holds NO BIAS towards religion, economic status, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, handicap or disability
Student Must Submit The Following:
- Completed Scholarship Application
- Official School Transcript which included SAT and/or ACT score is applicable. (See your Guidance Counselor for an official copy of your transcript)
- Essay (See bottom of page for details)
- Selection of SECNY FCU Scholars includes identifying students that exemplify the SECNY standards of service, education and community.
- These standards can be exhibited in different ways, and student should use this application and their personal essay to demonstrate why they feel they are right for this award.
- SECNY FCU Scholarships are offered without consideration of financial need.
- All applicants will be notified by electronic mail.
- Recognition Certificates will be presented to all scholarship winners at the credit union's Annual Meeting typically held in March.
- Once selected for the award, recipients must send a photograph and complete a brief survey for a presentation ceremony.
- Award recipient must have a SECNY account in his/her name so funds may be direct deposited into the account.
- Funds are typically dispersed at the end of August. Student must provide proof of registration (ex: copy of course registration or room assignment) from the school they are attending.
SECNY is accepting scholarship applications during the time period of December 1, 2023 - January 31, 2024. Please complete the online application below.