SECNY FCU has established a Scholarship Fund from which five $1000 scholarships will be awarded. The credit union recognizes student potential within our communities and commits contribution to student development through support of continuing education.
SECNY is accepting application submissions during the time period of December 1, 2017 - January 31, 2018. Please submit completed application online, by mail, or in person to:
Main Office-Onondaga Hill
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
4727 West Seneca Turnpike
Syracuse, NY 13215
Completed applications must be postmarked by January 31, 2018
- Graduating student (parent/guardian) is a member in good standing with SECNY FCU
- Graduating student is planning to pursue a degree or accredited training
- Children/grandchildren of credit union employees, members of the Board of Directors or appointed committees are not eligible to participate
- SECNY FCU holds NO BIAS towards nationality, race, religion or economic status
Student Must Submit The Following:
- Completed Scholarship Application
- Official School Transcript which includes SAT and/or ACT Scores (See your Guidance Counselor for an official copy of your transcript)
- Essay (See bottom of page for details)
- Selection of SECNY FCU Scholars is based upon a number of factors with special emphasis on each individual’s character, personal merit and background.
- Merit is demonstrated in a variety of ways-leadership in school, civic and other extracurricular activities, academic achievement and motivation to serve and succeed in all endeavors.
- SECNY FCU Scholarships are offered without emphasis on financial need.
- All applicants will be notified by mail.
- Recognition Certificates will be presented to all scholarship winners at the credit union's Annual Meeting typically held in March.
- Award recipient must have a SECNY account in his/her name so funds may be direct deposited into the account.
- Funds are typically dispersed at the end of August. Student must provide proof of registration (ex: copy of course registration) from the school he/she is attending.
SECNY is accepting scholarship applications during the time period of December 1, 2017 - January 21, 2018. Please contact us at 315-469-5599 if you have any questions. Thank you.