A first-time homebuyer account designed to help you reach your goal faster!
What is it?
A share savings account specifically designed to help you save money for your first home purchase (including down payment and closing costs!). Benefits include:
- Higher dividend rate than our regular share savings account1
- Ability to set up automatic transfers into to your Save2Own account.
- 24/7 account access via online banking and our mobile app.
- One-on-one guidance from a SECNY mortgage professional to help you through the process!
- Access to SECNY Community Partners to help you along your homebuying journey.
- Credit Sense: A FREE tool for members to view credit score, tips on how to improve or maintain credit, credit report details and more. Enroll from online banking or our mobile app!
- GET REWARDED! Save a minimum of $5,000 in the Save2Own account at time of mortgage application and get an additional $500 credit at closing!2
- Must be a SECNY member.
- Must not be a current homeowner.
- Minimum amount required to open the Save2Own Account is $1,000.
- All funds from the Save2Own account MUST be used to purchase a home through SECNY.3
Ready to start?
- Contact our mortgage services department to talk to one of our professionals about your housing goals and interest in the Save2Own program.
- Determine how you want to initially fund your Save2Own account: cash, check, transfer from a SECNY account or other institution.
Saturday Appointments AvailableContact by phone or email to make an appointment
At SECNY, We Want to Get You the Best Deal Available for Your Mortgage Loan
- Our Members are our Shareholders, So You Know Our Decisions Are Local and Made with Your Best Interest in Mind - SECNY is a Credit Union Serving Onondaga County, Cayuga County, Madison County and Oswego County, Not a Big Bank Looking for a Quick Profit.
- We Make Your First Time Home Buyer Loan Affordable
Not a member?
All eligible borrowers will need to become a member of the credit union and open their membership account prior to or at time of application. View membership eligibility.