Chartered in May 1971, the credit union is a member-owned, non-profit, full-service financial institution.
Originally, credit union membership was a benefit granted only by sponsor groups that had requested credit union services for its employees, association members, club members, students and family members. Our original field of membership encompassed most school districts in Central New York along with several municipalities and industries.
On September 13, 2001, SECNY Federal Credit Union was designated a community credit union. This status allows us to offer membership to any person working, living, worshipping, attending school, businesses and legal entities in Onondaga, Madison, Oswego and Cayuga counties.
The federal government recognized SECNY FCU as a credit union with the ability, management, services and financial strength to serve the entire community of Central New York. The ability to serve a greater area will allow SECNY to build more offices, install new ATMs and enhance its electronic delivery systems. The very nature of SECNY has been to serve its schools, students and their families, thus serving a very important part of the Central New York Community. The natural progression is to serve the entire community. SECNY maintains its focus on education and commitment to going beyond just providing financial services.
Our Field of Membership Includes The Following:
- Persons working, living, worshipping, attending school, businesses and legal entities in Onondaga, Madison, Oswego and Cayuga counties
- Immediate family of current members (including spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings and adoptive relationships) or household member (Persons living in the same residence and maintain a single economic unit)
Employees/Retirees of the following School Districts/Educational Institutions/Associations:
- Faith Heritage
- Syracuse Public and Parochial
Members of their immediate family or household, retirees, volunteers, organizations, and associations are eligible to join.
Municipalities, Organizations and Employer Groups:
- A. Cheney & Sons
- Baldwinsville Youth Soccer Association
- Baltimore Woods Nature Center
- Bruin Electronics
- Christian Apostolic Church
- Christiana Millwork
- CNY Family Sports Centre
- Diamond Roofing
- DM Ulatowski Agency
- Fayetteville Free Library
- Filtertech, Inc.
- Greater Baldwinsville Ambulance Corps
- The Hayner Hoyt Corporation
- King & King Architects
- The Legend Group
- LeMoyne College
- Longley Jones
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of CNY
- Manlius Firefighters & Ambulance
- Manlius Library
- Manlius Motor Works, Inc.
- Merle Builders
- Nationwide Insurance-Ott Agency
- OCC Federation of Teachers
- Omega, Inc.
- Onondaga Community College
- Onondaga Hill Volunteer Fire Dept.
- PCA of CNY
- Pioneer Companies
- Prevention Network
- Radisson Community
- Radisson Greens (employees and course members)
- RAM of CNY, Inc.
- Son Shine Child Care Inc.
- Stephen Sehnert Land Surveyor
- Syracuse Securities
- Town of Lysander
- Town of Manlius
- Town of Van Buren
- United Radio
- Village of Baldwinsville
- Village of Fayetteville
- Village of Manlius