This year marks our 50th anniversary. Chartered in May of 1971 to serve our educational community, we have grown to be much more. We celebrate this occasion with a sense of accomplishment and pride. Today, SECNY Federal Credit Union serves all 4 counties of Central New York. As we navigate 2021, we have never needed our credit union more than now. We continue to offer stability, responsible financial management, accountability, value and a sense of family we all deserve.
We've collaborated, created and offered financial services using technology solutions that have transformed your credit union into a national leader. But we make the difference right here in Central New York. We have established and continue to maintain a successful history of helping our members.
- Demand for technology has skyrocketed in the last year. 55% of our members use our Online Banking service called Corillian. 66% of our members have a checking account, 60% of our members have our debit card and 36% of our members receive eStatements. When you elect to use our eStatement service, you receive a reminder that your statement may be viewed electronically within Online Banking. All of this is FREE for you to use. Everyday life now requires them, so we will continue to engage our members to increase usage and awareness of these convenient services.
- New systems and payment platforms have been implemented to achieve the next level of technology. This will allow us to provide you the latest in financial service:
- CIAO (Contactless Initial Account Opening) - start the account opening process online and finish with a virtual confirmation - no trip to a branch required!
- Zelle - a convenient way to send to and request money from friends and family.
- eNotices, eReceipts, expanded loan and CD history.
- Mobile Deposit - deposit checks right from your phone using the SECNY mobile app!
- ATM Anti-Skimming, Managed Services.
- FICS/ACS Cloud based Mortgage Services, updated phone system, upgraded internet and back up connectivity.
- Advancement of digital and self-service technology.
- Current cybersecurity systems updated and additional systems implemented.
Today we enjoy over 87,000 surcharge-free ATM’s locally and across the country. We recently added the MoneyPass network. Locally, you have all InTouch SECNY machines, Allpoint Network locations at popular shops like Wegmans, Costco, Speedway, Right Aid, Walgreens and 7 Eleven. We have reciprocal agreements with other credit unions such as Empower, Summit, Reliant, Finger Lakes, Auburn Community to name a few. To find a surcharge-free ATM near you, click here or use our ATM Locator at the top of the page.
Our credit union philosophy remains true: Not-for-profit, but for service. Don’t be fooled by those advertising givebacks or entice you with dollars to go to a bank. Why? They charge more and don’t provide the level of service. We give back every day. We do not claim perfection, but we consistently strive to bring our members what they ask for, accompanied by the friendly service they expect.
Cybersecurity continues to be a high priority. We are continually upgrading system software and evaluating our processes to protect all credit union data. SECNY remains proactive and has added more levels of risk management.
We continue to experience the convergence of strategies that were introduced over 25 years ago. The goals and vision from our strategic plan remain the same however, technology has accelerated new features. We stay focused on our core values and sense of family. Our experienced and well-trained staff provides a superior level of personal service second to none. I thank each and every one of them for their dedication.
SECNY is federally insured and one of the safest financial institutions in the country. Our lending quality is a leader in the industry. We continue to provide advanced technological financial services with a conservative business approach.
Our staff, management, marketing and technology remain sensitive to your financial needs. We are proud to be a part of this dynamic organization, and, as always, your membership remains our highest priority.
Your home is our home. We are Central New York. We thank you for your continued membership and support!
Financial Status & Membership:
AS OF 12/31/21 Assets: $236,937,358.40 Loans: $128,322,863.51 Net Income: $530,418.48
Serving everyone in Onondaga, Cayuga, Madison, and Oswego counties
Our success is the direct result of a well-trained staff, a caring volunteer board and committee structure that allows us to provide a level of service unmatched by other competitors. We are the SECNY Federal Credit Union family and I sincerely thank YOU for your membership.
The future is bright and holds firm to opportunity, prosperity and hope. In celebration of our 50th Golden Anniversary, we toast to your health, to your family and together, continued achievement.
Walter M. Bobesky
President and Chief Executive Officer