We give back every day.
COVID is still a reality and on everyone’s mind. We provide you all of the services you need to take care of your financial needs from your computer, phone app or just a simple call to the credit union. We've created, enhanced and continue to pursue offering financial services using technology solutions that have transformed your credit union into a national leader. Our branches remain open. Please be smart, be safe and be courteous to others.
Don’t be fooled by those advertising givebacks or enticing you with dollars to go to a bank. Why? They charge more and don’t provide the level of service you deserve. We give back every day. We do not claim perfection, but we consistently strive to bring our members what they ask for, accompanied by the friendly service they expect. How? Better rates, low or no fee services, 92,000+ surcharge-free ATMs to name a few. Members come here for the best service with the best value. Our credit union philosophy remains true: Not-for-profit, but for service.
As we enter the New Year, SECNY Federal Credit Union continues to serve all 4 counties of Central New York. As we navigate 2022, we have never needed our credit union more than now. We continue to offer stability, responsible financial management, accountability, value and a sense of family we all deserve.
We make the difference right here in Central New York. We have established and continue to maintain a successful history of helping our members.
- Demand for technology has skyrocketed in the last year. 53% of our members use our Online Banking service called Corillian. 65% of our members have a checking account, 63% of our members have our debit card and 38% of our members receive eStatements. When you elect to use our eStatement service, you receive a reminder that your statement may be viewed electronically within Online Banking. All of this is FREE for you to use. Everyday life now requires them, so we will continue to engage our members to increase usage and awareness of these convenient services.
- New systems and payment platforms have been implemented to achieve the next level of technology. This will allow us to provide you the latest in financial service including the following:
- CIAO (Contactless Initial Account Opening)- start the account opening process online and finish with a virtual confirmation - no trip to a branch required!
- Zelle- a convenient way to send to and request money from friends and family.
- eNotices, eReceipts, expanded loan and CD history.
- Mobile Deposit- deposit checks right from your phone using the SECNY mobile app!
- ATM Anti-Skimming, Managed Services.
- FICS/ACS Cloud based Mortgage Services, updated phone system, upgraded internet and back up connectivity.
- Enhancements to digital and self-service technology.
- Risk, fraud and cybersecurity systems updated.
- Opened our 3rd in high school branch at Jordan-Elbridge. Joining our other student branches at Onondaga Central and LaFayette, your credit union continues to invest in our schools and our communities.
- New ATM Locator updated on our website. It’s no longer necessary to know a zip code, just type in the city or town and see free ATM locations nearby. To find a surcharge-free ATM near you, click here or use our ATM Locator at the top of the page.
Today we enjoy over 88,000 surcharge-free ATMs locally and across the country. We added the MoneyPass network. Locally, you have all InTouch SECNY machines, Allpoint Network locations at popular shops like Wegmans, Costco, Speedway, Right Aid, Walgreens and 7 Eleven. We have reciprocal agreements with other credit unions such as Empower, Summit, Reliant, Finger Lakes, (newly added) AmeriCu to name a few. Use their machines surcharge-free.
Cybersecurity continues to be a high priority. We are continually upgrading system software and evaluating our processes to protect all credit union data. SECNY remains proactive and has added more levels of risk management.
We continue to experience the convergence of strategies that were introduced over 25 years ago. The goals and vision from our strategic plan remain the same with technology enhancing speed and options. We stay focused on our core values and sense of family. Our experienced and well-trained staff provides a superior level of personal service second to none. I thank each and every one of them for their dedication.
SECNY is federally insured and one of the safest financial institutions in the country. Our lending quality is a leader in the industry. We continue to provide advanced technological financial services with a conservative business approach.
We are proud to be a part of this dynamic organization, and, as always, your membership remains our highest priority.
Your home is our home. We are Central New York. We thank you for your continued membership and support!
Financial Status & Membership:
|AS OF 4/30/22|
Serving everyone in Onondaga, Cayuga, Madison, and Oswego counties
Any financial institution is only as good as its people. Our success is the direct result of a well-trained staff, a caring volunteer board and committee structure that allows us to provide a level of service unmatched by other competitors. We are SECNY Federal Credit Union family and I sincerely THANK YOU for your membership.