In your school, at your business, with your community, for your family: We’re in your life.
SECNY offers stability, responsible financial management, accountability, value and a sense of family we all deserve.
Change, evolution, enhancement-some fear these, others embrace them.
Your credit union is changing, evolving and enhancing for the better.
Our goal as always is to balance old fashioned superior member service and implementation of technology that is safe, secure and convenient.
SOME UPDATES FROM 2018:
- NEW In-School Tiger Branch opened at Onondaga Central Jr./Sr. high school in September 2018. Plus a NEW In-School Lancer Branch opened at LaFayette CSD in January 2019. In partnership with teachers, administrators and SECNY staff, high school students were trained and now run their own in-school branch. We provide the support and they receive the credit. More student branches are coming in 2019.
- Financial Literacy and Education. It’s what we do. We support our schools by providing financial literacy in the classroom. We provide our community with education through our involvement with numerous community-based organizations. Want to share SECNY benefits with your group? We’ll come to you!
- Our continuously developing SEED Program is our way of helping our member school districts provide opportunities for students and teachers that may not otherwise be possible.
- The next generation of online account access arrived in 2018: Corillian Online Banking with the Mobiliti app!
- Pay Bills with CheckFree- an enhanced online bill pay system with additional capabilities like rush payments, e-bills and more!
- Pay People with PopMoney®- an all new person-to-person payment platform! Send money to or request money from anyone in the U.S. with a mobile phone or email address.
- Discover Trends with AllData®- provides interactive views of a member’s complete portfolio across multiple financial institutions.
- AN ALL NEW MOBILE APP! View balances instantly without logging in, transfer funds internally or externally, Pay Bills, Pay People- even get your updated credit score with Credit Sense!
New Card Program Launched
Last spring, we rolled out FOUR brand-new credit card options to our members! We offer MasterCard World, MasterCard Platinum Rewards, Visa Platinum Rewards and Visa Business Rewards.
ALL of our new card offerings come with:
- 0% APR for a year (12 billing cycles) on balance transfers and purchases!
- uChoose Rewards- earn points to redeem for gift cards, merchandise, travel, cash back and more! Earn up to 10 times the Bonus points from selected retailers. Combine your points across cards (and households!) to build larger point balances and redeem faster!
- Wallet Pays- All of our new credit cards are ApplePay, Google Pay and Android Pay enabled. SECNY debit cardholders may enroll in these services as well!
- CardValet- control all your cards (debit and credit) by setting alerts,
establishing spend limits, turn your card on/off AND MORE! For FREE!
In addition, your credit union offers additional benefits like:
- School Perks, Biz Perks and now Med Perks Programs- extra discounts for school employees, SECNY affiliated businesses/organizations and our brand new program for medical and dental groups.
- Any credit union service you want help with, our We'll Do It For You program expands with patience and education. Online, by phone or stop in. Need help setting up any of our products or services? We'll do it for you and show you how to use it!
- 55,000+ surcharge-free ATMs locally and across the country. Locally, you have all InTouch℠ SECNY machines, Allpoint Network locations at Wegmans, Costco, Speedway, Target and more. We have expanded the network with reciprocal agreements with other credit unions such as Empower, Summit, Reliant, Finger Lakes, Auburn to name a few. To find a surcharge-free ATM near you, visit our ATM Locator at the top of the page.
- Internal enhancements made during 2018 included the OnCourse Training program provided to all staff members, updated SECNY website that is ADA compliant and payroll system conversion to name a few.
Financial Status & Membership:
|AS OF 12/30/2018|
Serving everyone in Onondaga, Cayuga, Madison, and Oswego counties
SECNY is federally insured and one of the safest financial institutions in the country. Our lending quality is a leader in the industry. But what are the things we hear you love most? That you are treated like family, warmly welcomed in our branches and the sense of comfort when speaking to one of our employees on the phone.
It takes much more to bring you the credit union you enjoy today. It takes talented and creative people to bring our business to life every day. People who strive to do great things and deliver amazing results. What makes us better… is the personal touch. The common thread we all share here? …The values.
Your home is our home. We are Central New York. Thank you for your continued membership and support!