We are in the middle of significant changes to the way we do business. Why? Regulation requires it and members demand it. Evolution is going on all around us. The way we shop, the way we drive, the way we live has changed. Your credit union is changing too. Our goal is to balance old fashioned superior member service and implementation of technology that is safe and secure.
- NEW In-School Tiger Branch opened at Onondaga Central Jr./Sr. high school in September. In conjunction with the teachers and administrators, high school students were trained and run their own in-school branch. We provide the support and they receive the credit. Two more high school branches are coming in 2019.
- Financial Literacy and Education. It’s what we do. We support our schools by providing financial literacy in the classroom. We provide our community with education through our involvement with numerous community-based organizations. Want to share SECNY benefits with your group? We’ll come to you!
- Our continuously developing SEED Program is our way of helping our member school districts provide opportunities for students and teachers that may not otherwise be possible.
You have never needed your credit union more than now. We offer stability, responsible financial management, accountability, value and a sense of family we all deserve.
The next generation of online account access is at your fingertips…meet Corillian Online Banking w/the Mobiliti app!
Card Program Updates:
We recently rolled out FOUR brand-new credit card options to our members! Visa or MasterCard? The choice is yours! We offer MasterCard World, MasterCard Platinum Rewards, Visa Platinum Rewards and Visa Business Rewards.
ALL of our new card offerings come with:
- 0% APR for a year (12 billing cycles) on balance transfers and purchases!
- uChoose Rewards- earn points to redeem for gift cards, merchandise, travel, cash back and more! Earn up to 10 times the Bonus points from selected retailers.
- Combine uChoose Rewards- combine credit cards and debit cards too! You may combine your points across cards (and households!) to build larger point balances and redeem faster!
- This is a MUST HAVE…CardValet- control all your cards (debit and credit) by setting alerts, establishing spend limits, turn your card on/off AND MORE! For FREE!
- Wallet Pays- All of our new credit cards are ApplePay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay enabled. SECNY debit cardholders may enroll in these services as well!
In addition, your credit union offers additional benefits like:
- School Perks, Biz Perks and now Med Perks Programs- extra discounts for school employees, SECNY affiliated businesses/organizations and our brand new program for medical and dental groups.
- GrooveCar! This robust resource allows you to search local new and used vehicle inventory as well research insurance options, safety standards and even apply online directly through us!
- Any credit union service you want help with, our We'll Do It For You program expands with patience and education. Online, by phone or stop in. Need help setting up any of our products or services? We'll do it for you and show you how to use it!
- 55,000+ surcharge-free ATMs locally and across the country. Locally, you have all InTouch℠ SECNY machines, Allpoint Network locations at Wegmans, Costco, Speedway, Target and more. We have expanded the network with reciprocal agreements with other credit unions such as Empower, Summit, Reliant, Finger Lakes, Auburn to name a few. To find a surcharge-free ATM near you, visit our ATM Locator at the top of the page.
Financial Status & Membership:
|AS OF 9/30/2018|
Serving everyone in Onondaga, Cayuga, Madison, and Oswego counties
Since our inception over 47 years ago, we've strived to provide exceptional service. We've collaborated, created and offered financial services using technology solutions that have transformed your credit union into a national leader. But we make the difference right here in Central New York. We have established and continue to maintain a successful history of helping our members.
SECNY is federally insured and one of the safest financial institutions in the country. Our lending quality is a leader in the industry. We continue to provide advanced technological financial services with a conservative business approach.
It takes much more to bring you the credit union you enjoy today. It takes talented and creative people to bring our business to life every day. People who strive to do great things and deliver amazing results. What makes us better… is the personal touch. The common thread we all share here? …The values.
Your home is our home. We are Central New York. We thank you for your continued membership and support!