2022 brought us all together in new ways. Emerging from previous pandemic challenges, we intentionally set out to assess our environment and work strategically to exceed expectations.
As we navigate 2023, SECNY continues to offer stability, responsible financial management, accountability, value, and a sense of family we all deserve. Your credit union provides all the services you need to take care of your financial needs from your computer, tablet, smartphone or just a simple call to the credit union. We've created, enhanced and continue to pursue offering financial services using technology solutions that have transformed your credit union into a national leader.
Demand for technology remains strong. By the end of 2022, 59% of our members used our Online Banking service called Corillian, 67% of our members have a checking account, 65% of our members have our debit card and 41% of our members receive eStatements. When you elect to use our eStatement service, you receive a reminder that your statement may be viewed electronically within Online Banking. All of this is FREE for you to use. Everyday life now requires them, so we will continue to engage our members to increase usage and awareness of these convenient services.
Update on our Fairmount Office. Our newly renovated and expanded contact center in Fairmount is complete. The Center will handle incoming calls along with correspondence via email and other online applications. They will also provide follow-up and outreach to our members. We will be integrating our back office operations within the same space. This will provide you with expedited service and response to requests.
Our Mortgage Services Center is expected to relocate from our Baldwinsville office to its new home in Fairmount in March and be fully operational in April. We have expanded the number of mortgage loan officers and mortgage service options. This segment of the credit union has seen steady growth and experienced the most demand for additional products. Look for more to come this year!
The Fairmount Branch is almost here! This project has experienced delays due to supply chain issues, labor shortages and regulatory requirements. We have worked through all of these and expect to open in the second quarter of 2023.
New systems and payment platforms have been implemented to achieve the next level of technology. This allows us to provide you the latest in financial service including:
- Instant Issue Debit Cards- this service has been overwhelmingly popular and well-received by our members. Don’t want to wait for a new card? Contact us and we can have one made instantly during weekday business hours. Have it mailed to your home or pick it up at our Onondaga Hill office- the choice is yours!
- No Closing Cost Mortgages- introduced to provide members with alternative financing options and reduce costs.
- Our 4th student-run branch location opening at Solvay High School- joining our existing student branch network alongside Onondaga Central, LaFayette and Jordan-Elbridge. Your credit union continues to invest in our schools and our communities. A potential fifth branch in this network is also in discussion for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- SECNY University- we have expanded our staff training programs and have developed additional product knowledge, member experience and leadership training modules.
- Safety and Security Protocols - we completed a credit union wide physical Security Analysis for all our facilities. In addition, we have enhanced our Risk and Fraud Management Programs.
Last year also introduced few services that deserve special mention because of your response.
- Online Appointment Booking- members can request an in-branch appointment online using this quick, simple form. Make the most of your valuable time without a wait to visit with our friendly staff!
- Revitalized Business Account Offerings- you provided feedback and we listened. Our latest business account program introduced over the summer combines the best, most requested services with fee-free options as well as additional borrowing opportunities.
Today we enjoy over 92,000 surcharge-free ATMs locally and across the country. Last year, we added the MoneyPass network. Locally, you have all InTouch SECNY machines, Allpoint Network locations at popular shops like Wegmans, Costco, Target, Speedway, Right Aid, Walgreens, 7 Eleven and more. We have reciprocal agreements with other credit unions such as Empower, Summit, Reliant, Finger Lakes and AmeriCu to name a few. Use their machines surcharge-free!
Our credit union philosophy remains true: Not-for-profit, but for service.
Cybersecurity continues to be a high priority. We are continually upgrading system software and evaluating our processes to protect all credit union data. SECNY remains proactive and has added more levels of risk management.
What else are we working on?
- Credit and Debit Card enhancements- SECNY is in the process of securing a new vendor to provide an elevated level of service across our card platforms. From easier-to-use online and mobile card management tools to a robust rewards program, we expect a significant upgrade to the card experience.
- Introduction of Zogo- a new online financial education program. Zogo brings “fun to finance” as users complete various modules and earn points toward gift card rewards while boosting their financial skills! Check back at secny.org for more details.
- Brand Refresh- in 2021, we celebrated 50 years of service in Central New York. This celebration launched efforts to review our existing core values, mission statement and logo. The results of this process included a new, updated logo depicting our energy, commitment to education and service to everyone in Central New York.
We continue to experience the convergence of strategies that were introduced over 30 years ago. The goals and visions from our strategic plan remain the same with technology enhancing speed and options. We stay focused on our core values and sense of family. Our experienced and well-trained staff provides a superior level of personal service second to none. I thank each and every one of them for their dedication.
SECNY is federally insured and one of the safest financial institutions in the country. Our lending quality is a leader in the industry. We continue to provide advanced technological financial services with practical application and functionality at the forefront.
We are proud to be a part of this dynamic organization, and, as always, your membership remains our highest priority.
Your home is our home. We are Central New York.
We thank you for your continued membership and support!
President/Chief Executive Officer
Financial Status & Membership:
|AS OF 4/30/23|
Serving everyone in Onondaga, Cayuga, Madison, and Oswego counties