Member Service Representative opportunities available in Baldwinsville, Fairmount, Manlius, North Syracuse, Onondaga Hill and Skaneateles, NY.
Are you looking for a career where you can advance?
Do you want to work for a company that truly cares about its employees, members, and community?
If your answer to these questions is an enthusiastic YES then please keep reading!
SECNY Federal Credit Union is currently looking for Member Service Representatives, with eligibility for our Manager Associate Program, to provide a full range of financial transaction services to members, including receiving and disbursing money in a timely and accurate manner.
About SECNY Federal Credit Union: SECNY FCU is a member-owned, non-profit, full-service institution. Founded in 1971, our credit union serves the needs of any person working, living, worshipping, attending school, businesses and legal entities in Onondaga, Cayuga, Madison, and Oswego counties.
What It's Like To Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they'd use to describe working at SECNY FCU is "great". Our team members all share a positive attitude, problem solving abilities, and patience, enabling them to provide excellent customer service even during fast-paced shifts. Our culture, plus opportunities for growth, have resulted in low turnover rates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs routine member transactions, including, but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers, check cashing, selling of money orders and the daily scanning of checks
- Verifies cash and endorsements, issue receipts, and prepares stop payments on checks for members
- Provides members with information on credit union services and makes appropriate referrals for new products and services with the goal of being the primary financial institution of all members
- Answers phones and responds to member's requests, concerns and complaints in an effective and pleasant manner and directs them to the proper person for specific information and assistance
- Cross-sells credit union products and services as appropriate
- Provides membership, either by phone or in person, with factual and up-to-date information concerning specific accounts
- Maintains proper security and surveillance over workstation and cash drawer assigned
- Executes proper security procedures during robberies, forgeries, and other suspicious or dangerous situations
- Assists other Member Service Representatives with related duties as assigned
- Log and process night deposits and mail transactions
- Maintains complete and accurate accounting of all transactions completed at the Member Service Representative station that includes verification of starting cash, balances brought forward from the previous day, balancing of cash/transactions when relieved from Member Service Representative station during operating hours and completes balancing procedures at the close of business
- Records of transactions and balancing will be neat and prepared in ink and double checked for accuracy
- Assists in balancing of other Member Service Representatives as needed
- Stays current with all services and products provided by the credit union and cross-sells these services and products whenever possible
- Displays a pleasant, professional style on the job and follow guidelines established by the credit union's Board policy
- Completes all training designed to enhance capabilities including in house training as well as outside seminars and workshops
- Acquires and maintains the necessary working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations and credit union bylaws and policies in order to ensure compliance
- Participates in credit union functions such as International Credit Union Day, home shows, open houses, and credit union seminars
Education & Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one-year related experience in cash handling or customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 12 paid holidays
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Vacation, Personal, and Sick time
- 401k plan
- Work/life balance
SECNY FCU is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected class.